Yoga for Athletes
If you compete you know how important it is to have everything working optimally. Much like the notes in a symphony the body functions at its’ peak when flexibility, strength, mental focus, breath all unite as one.
A missed shot, a hundredth of a second can be the difference between win or lose, a gold or silver medal or that prestigious spot on a team that you have been working for years to achieve. Perhaps that golf score is going in the wrong direction or that long endurance run or cycle is getting more exhaustive, recovery time is getting longer.
Implementing yoga into your life will:
- Greatly improve your overall performance and reduce injury so you will not miss valuable time awayfrom training or competition or be side lined at a crucial time.
- Often clients come to yoga with pain in the back, knees or joints. Yoga uses controlled movements, expert alignment, biomechanics and breath to open your body while minimizing the risk of injury.
- Build strength and flexibility so you can run faster, jump higher or throw that ball farther or with more accuracy.
- Improve balance and stability so important if you play a contact sport; swing a bat, golf club or raquet
- Learn tools to help you deal with stress and pressure of athletic competition. Whether you are in the trenches of an athletic arena or the workplace, life can be challenging.
- Yoga trains your mind to be grounded, calm and focused especially in the firing line of stress.
- Learn how to breathe so you don’t get locked up.
- Learn valuable relaxation tools so you can sleep better and recover faster. Yoga allows you to do the sport or activities you love for longer and more efficiently. Live your life to the fullest.
When you feel great you are truly able to enjoy life.
“Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t”
– Jerry Rice (#1 NFL Player of all time)
The Yoga for Athletes program is an 8 week commitment and includes:
A weekly 75-minute session (sessions can be doubled up certain weeks if needed).
- Determine your goals and put a plan in action to achieve them
- Postural analysis
- Assess and improve how you are moving in your hips and shoulder joints
- Reduce chronic injuries
- Customize a yoga program for your sport or activity.
- Improve flexibility, strength, balance and mobility.
- Techniques to maximize breath work for optimal performance and relaxation
- Support in-between sessions via phone or e-mail when needed
- Sessions must be completed within 8-week time-frame
Through the combination of the physical, mental and overall health benefits you will feel stronger, fitter more focused than you could have ever imagined. This only happens when you commit to a regular yoga practice.
* Please wear comfortable clothes to move around in. I work with a limited number of clients at a time to ensure that you have the highest quality session.
Please contact me to see when the next opening is available so we can get you on that gold medal road.
Based On An 8 Week Program:
499.50 per month for 2 months (Total investment of $999.00)
Pay the balance up front and receive a discount (you pay $950.00)